I had a 730 appointment this morning for pre-op preparation. Dr S did a assessment of my knee again, flexion was 113, thats down from 120 last week (said it wasn't a big deal). I noticed my knee was a bit swollen yesterday for some reason.
Anyway, the surgery is at 2pm today. They said it should be a 2-3 hour procedure followed by 2 hours of recovery. So I should be home by 6 or 7 pm. I'm a bit nervous, but probably more excited than anything. I just want to get back on the road to recovery. The doc is pretty funny, he got out the sheet you see below and marked all over it. The gist of it is:
- I will feel like shit for 3-5 days, w/ the only consolation being the painkillers
- Goal: walk w/o limp, no crutches, no brace at 3-6 weeks
- Expect to be training 5-6 DAYS/WEEK (no rest needed for the legs)
- Getting back to what he calls a High Performance Leg will take 9 months on average, with 7 months being exceptional
- I can expect a Medium Performance Leg in 4-5 months (this would be moving around normally, hiking etc, but not returning to full bore sports)
- Expect that I will begin to wane and demotivate on training at around the 4 month mark. This will be the CRITICAL time to really stay with rehab and training.
For the next 2 weeks, Tracy will have triplets, so if anyone reading this wants to help her, give a call