All in all the group kicked 275 calves asses. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Rounded up and seperated from their moms
2. Chased around the pen until they are roped by the back hooves (sometimes one hoof, look out cowboy). Dragged out to a testosterone charged crowd waiting to work them over
4. Wrestled or thrown to the ground, one leg reefed one way, the other leg drawn back; don't forget the boot up the butthole
5. 2 vacinations with a needle like a straw
6. Branded by the iron
7. If yer a dude, you are also getting castrated on the spot. The scrotum is wacked off and the nuts yanked/cut from you. Don't worry you get some bacterial spray and some blood stop powder lil fella.
8. A good smack on the ass and life is gravy in the pasture.
Now you city slickers might be saying, dang that sounds inhumane. But ask yourself, how often do enjoy the fruit of the plains? (ie burger and/or steak) Okay then.
Anyhow, the weather held up and it only spit snow and rain on us towards the end (the next day was a blizzard). A massive BBQ was served up afterwards and then the drinking begins. I like playing cowboy for one day a year, otherwise I'm all good.
I borrowed my buddies camera with a great telephoto lens. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking. Also, Tracy put up some pics on her blog - http://twinventuresmt.blogspot.com/
Cool perspective on this one, check out the rope
Love the action in this shot
The views were just okay, J getting his fish on
One of the coolest guest cabins ever.
Don't worry lil feller, its almost over.