Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Missoula's warmest day of the year


Missoula topped out today with the warmest day of the year. The Garden City registered 70 degrees and we even had that foreign yellow orb out in the sky for most of the day. As anyone in the state of Montana can attest to we've had a hell of a winter.

The gray days and almost constant precipitation has worn out its welcome for most folks. I personally would love for nothing more than sun and wear flip flops for the rest of the year. I know it's selfish, but since I can't ski and enjoy that snow that still sits in the hills, I'm done with it.

Looking at the Lolo Pass SNOTEL is still registering 86" of snow on the ground, and it's MAY 2nd! Anything above 5000' continues to get pounded on a weekly basis. I was over in the Phillipsburg area over the weekend and saw it dump 5 inches of fluff in about 3 hours, impressive.

But the relentless cloudy days is what everybody in Missoula seems to be talking about. We've also been 10 degrees below the average high, which means we've been kicking it in the 45-50 degree range, boooooooo. If you're interested in seeing which cities get more/less sun, click in over here. It shows Missoula with 75 days of sun (not including partly cloudy day). Compare that to say Yuma, AZ at 242 days of sun.

But alas, you can either sit around and complain about the weather or get out and do something. I'm mostly in the complaint chair right now, with the knee and all its a bit limiting. I know in a few weeks I should be cleared to mountain bike and that my friends will be a warm welcome.

I've been working on a little project, basically the same thing as I did last year with the Lolo Timelapse. It should be fun, the banks are ridiculously big compared to last year. Just have a look here at these to May photos. Hope you check back in to see the results. Ciao










**btw - the America Fuck yeah picture was taken nearby Ground Zero on our NYC/Bermuda trip a few year's ago**

No comments: