Saturday, March 29, 2008

One month after

Whoa doggy, I'm one whooped pup after our trip. We got back from our week long trip to Vegas yesterday (I'll put some pics of that in a few days) and were exhausted. My knee was feeling especially crappy. Swollen and fairly painful, making me walk with a pretty pronounced limp (at least more than I had in the last 2 weeks).

I am pretty sure that it's just an issue of my overworking my quads. With all the hustle and bustle of lugging a 90 pound suitcase, 2 kids w/ stroller, carseats and a carry on around the airport, I guess that will do it. Yesterday was only the 2nd day that I did not do any exercise AT ALL since the surgery. The other day sans exercise was the day after hitting the Vegas Strip (really painfull that day, so was my head though).

Prior today, I have been walking relatively pain free with usually no noticible limp (except when tired). Riding intervals 8-10 miles/day (1 minute easy level, 30 seconds level 6). Light squats, leg presses and quad sets. And now that I'm back home, I'll be motivating to lift weights at least 4 days a week.

And now for some humor. Someone sent this via email, I think its pretty funny (sorry if it offends). Just goes to show you how Ameri-centric we are.


No comments: